Hong Kong is a mix of modern ideas and ancient traditions that exists harmoniously side by side. Steeped in its Chinese roots and colonial influences, Hong Kong blossomed into a vibrant metropolitan city. Similar to New York, Hong Kong is well known for its expansive skyline and dense population. Hong Kong is intense, there is a constant buzz that creates an energy that radiates throughout the city. Every time you visit, you peel back the layers and discover more things to love about this city. This trip report summarizes all the blog posts related to our trip to Hong Kong and provides a break down of the cost.
- Time Cost
- Total Days In Hong Kong: 4 days
- Total Days Off From Work: 2 days
- Monetary Cost
- Hotel: $250 per night (including tax)
- Flight: $880 pp round trip from NYC to Hong Kong,
- Food:$60 pp per day, we had a lot of seafood, but you can definitely eat for much cheaper.
- Transportation: $20 for entire trip
- Admission: $10 pp Victoria Peak
- Total Per Person: $1650
Returning to Hong Kong for a short trip, we were able to visit our old favorites and check out a few new places that we haven’t been to before. In this city, there is a little something for everyone. Hong Kong is one of the top culinary destinations in the world – whether you’re looking for delectable street food or a Michelin star experience. We spent the duration of our trip stuffing our faces full of seafood and wandering through the different markets in the unbearable late summer heat. To read more about each post, click on the link below.
- We found cheap tickets that we could upgrade to business class for free and decided last minute to go for a long weekend.
- Check out all the food we ate while we were in Hong Kong.
- We were only there for a few days, but we managed to do a lot. Here is our list of top 7 things to do in Hong Kong.
- We were in the right place at the right time, or the wrong place at the wrong time depending on how you look at it. Here are the pictures taken from the Occupy Central protest.
- The excitement didn’t end there, on our way home, we encountered some airport drama as we landed in Dallas.